A soccer diary from across the pond

Monday, May 28, 2012

Social life vs soccer

So this weekend life got in the way of some great moments. Until 10pm Saturday night I didn't have any plans and was more than happy to stay at home and watch both the TFC-Union game and the USA-Scotland game. But then life got in the way. Some friends called my and asked if I wanted to go to a party and I went. Around midnight the MLS app on my phone then told me that TFC had finally won, and then it felt weird having not seen it. Luckily my departure from  the party and my return home coincided with the start of the US game and I start watching it. I think I watched like 5 minutes and then I fell asleep because I was tired and drunk. I wake to the news that they won 5-1. COME ON!


I don't regret going to the party, but those matches would've been sweet to watch. But those are the choices faced by a Danish fan of North American soccer. 6pm EDT games means midnight here. So earlier games often clash with social events (especially the Saturday games) and later games are in the middle of the freakin' night, where I run the risk of falling asleep during them. So while many MLS fans hate games kicked off at noon, I have an admission: I love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment