A soccer diary from across the pond

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Something about the soccer game tonight

Having come off a 4-day binge celebrating the hand-in of my bachelor thesis (on financial regulation in European soccer), I'm now faced with a tough choice: do I support Canada or the US tonight?

I guess it can be compared to choosing between two very loved adopted children. It's hard. Considering many of my page views are Canadian and American (expect for the two Russian spam bots, let's call them Yuri and Dimitri) many of you will have a diverse heritage and will know how it feels having emotions invested multiple places.

Considering it is a test match and all, I'll be a chicken and just hope for a good match. Though because it's a special game for the Canadians I'll probably be extra happy if they get a good result.

No comments:

Post a Comment