A soccer diary from across the pond

Friday, June 8, 2012

"Here I stand; I can do no otherwise"

So. Winter out, Mariner to the bench. What to say. While still passionate about the club, it becoming increasingly hard to have a strong reaction about front office changes. With Winter's record its not surprising that he ended up getting fired. 

I just hope MLSE and the front office have a strategy, whatever it is. I don't care if its idealistic or pragmatic; 4-3-3 or 4-4-2. Heck it could be a 1-8-1 for my liking as long as they win. The only thing I want is direct play. I dislike passive play, and I want players going forward, fighting for the win.

If that is what Mariner will bring, then wonderful. My only wish is for MLSE to make sure that they find a strategy and an identity for the team, so they ensure that players developed in the academy fits with the first team. This is why I chose the quote in the header. With such a turnover in the front office and the management, all you can do as a fan now is hope that this is finally the time they get it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment