A soccer diary from across the pond

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

I love gay right advocacy. Especially in sports

Awesome awesome to hear that MLS is partnering up with "You can play".
I remember learning about Brandon Burke in the fall when I did Sociology of Sport, when I studied at Ryerson University in Toronto in the fall and the story really touched me.

I am however also a business student and one of the first things we learn about communication and branding is that, if it is going to be successful you have to be consistent and not be perceived as sending mixed signals. And when an entity also has a partnership with the Boy Scouts of America, who have been critized for homophobia.

MLS should be applauded for supporting "You can play", but should be worried that it can come of as opportunist.

No comments:

Post a Comment