A soccer diary from across the pond

Thursday, May 17, 2012

something about VAN-TOR

  

So, I only just watched the highlights. Watching games 4AM on a week night just can't be pulled off often. But judging from those and my twitter feed it seems like Johnson has just confirmed that he is a beast. So nice to watch him play. It was also pretty cool to see a line-up with 5 players eligible for the CMNT. I'm not sure where I stand on the quota debate and the discussion between many TFC and 'Caps fans on the amount of Canadians on the teams, but I take pleasure in seeing talented players getting playing time and experience, which they can transfer to the CMNT.

Also. I can't wrap my head around how well TFC plays, when its a cup match and how poorly they play when its a league match. My solution: Buy a trunk-load of trophies and make every single game "a cup". Heck, we'd win the league if the front office did that.

Oh yeah, that Hassli goal. It was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment