A soccer diary from across the pond

Friday, May 25, 2012

Toronto FC - Philadelphia Union preview

TFC won the Voyagers Cup, which is pretty awesome. But even more so, it confirmed my theory of the necessity of a trophy and a cup feel. 

Philly is visiting BMO tomorrow and we need a name for the cup. I don't want to be cruel, but we have to be honest and realize that we are talking about the bottom-two teams in the Eastern Conference (make that MLS), so I really can't find a more fitting name than the Suc(k)tion Cup.


I love TFC and at time the play has been promising, but its hard to argue against that both teams have sucked at getting results this season. And as TFC has tended to play better in cup play, me naming this game the Suc(k)tion Cup™ this is bound to spur on TFC to win. The winner gets to say that they don't suck that much.



No comments:

Post a Comment