A soccer diary from across the pond

Monday, May 21, 2012

New favourite shirt! And something about foreign national teams

So last week I decided to buy the CSA centennial jersey. It looks sharp and it only costs $60. First hindrance appeared: They don't ship to Denmark. What does one do? Well tweet to Umbro Canada of course and after a short correspondence they added Denmark (and Sweden) to the list of countries they ship to. Second hurdle: $30 shipping. I decided that it wasn't a hurdle anyway. $90 for a limited edition jersey isn't that much and I've grown to have a special relationship with Canada.

So I'd like to thank Umbro for being flexible and FedEx for getting it here in 3 days.

Full disclosure:
I got into this whole MLS-US-Canadian soccer thing because of the US national team back in '02 (I still can't believe its been 10 years). I follow them closely and I still get passionate whenever they play. But I've decided I can also support Canada just as much. Also, Denmark being my home and all they are #1 and then after that I allow myself to support multiple other countries, with the knowledge I'll always support Denmark against them.
That means that while this shirt is #1 to me
 this

as well as the new Canada jersey are both special to me.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, I also support Germany every now and then:


No comments:

Post a Comment