A soccer diary from across the pond

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

mandatory first post

I'm gonna be honest with you guys. I actually don't know that much about soccer. That is. I know a lot of stuff about teams and players and leagues and stuff. But the actual game. I can hardly tell if a tackle is illegal or not. Big chock. The European soccer fans doesn't know soccer. But what I have is passion. At least thats what I think it is. It must be. Its 230AM here in Copenhagen and I can't fall asleep because I kept on thinking about how I've wanted to start blogging about soccer for a while and my head was full of ideas.


Full disclosure: I'm a TFC fan. But almost as much I'm a fan of MLS and the US and Canadian national teams. I'm passionate about the growth of the domestic game in the aforementioned countries. I dream of working in any kind of position in North American soccer where I can help it grow.


What you'll get from this blog won't be analysis. Just my thoughts and experiences of following the beautiful game across the pond (and of supporting a team on a losing streak).


For this first post I'll direct you to an article I wrote for a Danish daily called Politiken about my relationship with TFC, though I'm guessing you'll prefer the translated version at Canadian Soccer News.



No comments:

Post a Comment